Our warranty is strictly subject to certain terms and conditions set out in our Terms & Condition. Read them carefully as action or inaction on your part may invalidate your warranty. Our warranty is only applicable in the UK and is subject to certain terms & conditions and exclusions. We do not, however, purport to limit your statutory rights in any way if you are a consumer. Cover starts from the date of delivery or installation or when you picked the product up from us. This will be clearly marked on the proof of purchase or receipt. The duration of a warranty is 12 calendar months within those, the seller takes a responsibility to repair or replace the product if it is faulty or damaged by his fault. Please note, that any repairs or replacements can be done within fore mentioned 12 months, and after such actions the warranty will not be extended for another 12 months. Most of our products are made of natural materials which inevitably have natural inconsistencies - part of their appeal. The existence of any such natural inconsistencies (including veining, pot marks or fissures) in any worktop made of natural material is therefore not deemed to be a breech of the warranty. Similarly, differences in the colour or thickness of any particular concrete worktop shall not be treated as a breach of our guarantee or other statutory obligations. Hold onto your receipt or proof of purchase as you will need it to claim under this warranty.
What is covered
Our warranty covers the material structure of products manufactured and fabricated by DesignerStone Ltd on the following terms purchased by you against material defects for the duration of the warranty only. If you have had your product fitted by DesignerStone Ltd, then we also guarantee that the workmanship of the installation of the products shall be of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for normal domestic use. At our discretion, we will repair or replace in part or whole, or offer you the appropriate warranty value in cash on any product which is covered by our warranty if the claim under our warranty is justified in our reasonable opinion. If a replacement product is offered by us, but identical materials are no longer available, we reserve the right to replace the product with the nearest equivalent. Our warranty is strictly subject to you notifying us before having any work undertaken to rectify the problem, so unfortunately any costs you incur in relation to such rectification will not be covered by us in any way.
What is not covered
Our warranty does not cover defects or damage arising in respect of:
1. The repair or replacement of any third party components;
2. Fair wear and tear, resulting in scratches or staining;
3. Modification or misuse (e.g., cutting or direct heat on worktops);
4. Physical, chemical or mechanical abuse;
5. Unauthorised repair;
6. Natural colour differences, veining, pot marks and fissures;
7. Small changes in shape of the worktop each side and slight bending up to 5mm;
8. Use other than for regular domestic purposes or a purpose which is not disclosed at the time of installation or outdoor use;
9. Failure to use the product in accordance with the written instructions contained within these T&C's & our After-care Instructions;
10. Moving parts or parts which are likely to perish over time (such as rubber seals around sinks);
11. Improper installation, site preparation or site maintenance by anyone other than a DesignerStone Ltd Fitter;
12. Any non-DesignerStone product; or
13. Act of God.
14. Silicone - damage silicone after installing worktops - the customer is obliged to purchase it in themselves range and the assumption of an advice which could be most helpful.
Destruction or damage of the concrete
product produced by DesignerStone and caused by:
- incorrect levelling of cabinets, insufficient strengthening cabinets, cabinets folded up or poor quality of cabinets
IT IS NOT A DEFECT IN THE PRODUCT and DesignerStone has no obligation to repair or replace the product.
16. All complaints and issues regarding the installation process must be reported on site directly to our operatives. No such complaint will be taken into consideration after they leave the site.
Neither we nor any of our third party suppliers make warranty of any kind whether expressed or implied with respect to the product or fitting except as provided herein. We shall not be liable in tort or contract for any direct, consequential, special or incidental losses or damages arising out of the use or inability to use the products with the exception of death or personal injury arising from our negligence or as set out in our warranty.
The customer is obliged to prepare the kitchen for installation. If the all cabinet will not be set in horizontal alignment - our company has the right to refuse the installation and set up a new installation date. Customer have to pay another delivery costs which are £300 + VAT.
How to claim under our warranty: In the unlikely event that you do need to claim under our warranty, you must first contact the person or place you bought the product from, who will then contact us if appropriate. Proof of purchase ( the receipt) will be required. If we deem the fault to be covered under our warranty, we will contact you with a view to assessing the claim.